Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fay Randolph - Human Blockhead

Date of Application - July 14, 1938
Name: Fay Tanner Randolph
Title of Act: Human Blockhead

Summary of Act:
Driving railroad spikes into my ears and nose and other soft parts of my skull. Driving gutter spikes into the harder parts of my head. I hardly bleed at all. Don't like to drive the gutter spikes too deep because sometimes I get dizzy or have a little seizure. The ears are best for the railroad spikes, since I don't care about hearing much. Would hate to hammer anything into my eyeballs, but that is negotiable. Would probably need an assistant after that, so fee would have to cover assistant wages.

Other talents: I can shout really loud. Can help build stuff because I can hammer those little nails into almost anything.

Notes:
We already have a human blockhead, so unless Chalky and Mr. Randolph can figure out a way to nail their heads together with a long gutter spike, I can't see much point in hiring on Mr. Randolph at this time. Although his offer to drive nails into his eyeballs is intriguing, I cannot see offering him a higher wage to do so. This would most likely constitute a standard "one-time" fee and he would need to understand that he would only be paid for that single performance. There is no way we could pay for an assistant if he was blinded by the act; he would need to rely on his wife or children for assistance. Mr. Randolph seems an affable fellow, but I suspect he is a bit of a layabout, as are most blockheads. I was most impressed with his ability to smoke three cigarettes at a time, one in his mouth and one in each nostril and the fact that he claims he doesn't eat much.

I recommend that we pass on Mr. Randolph, as two blockheads is at least one and a half too many.

- Miller Hatsfield, Senior Roustabout
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review

No comments:

Post a Comment