Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Boscoe Merriweather - The Human Retard

Date of Application: May 7, 1942
Name: Boscoe Tremblay Merriweather
Title of Act: The Human Retard

Summary of Act:
I will put on a retard show that will not take up much space and amuse the children and their parents alike. I will eat chocolate with my fingers and make a mess and scoot around on my rear-end making pig noises. I can use a little wagon for this if there is space. As a human retard, I will clap and sing childrens songs and have the children sing along. In the late night hoochy-cooch, I will change the lyrics into bawdy ones and make wind.

Other Talents: I can also make mosaics using ceramic tiles and paint backdrops. I can make wind on cue. I can sprinkle sugar on the funnel cakes and fold simple balloon animals if needed

Notes:
I am not certain that hiring a Human Retard will be a sound fiscal move for the carnival. We have two geeks that sing bawdy songs and the pinhead family already eats chocolate in a messy fashion. While we have no-one that scoots on their rear-end making pig noises, I am not certain that this small addition is worth the addition of a full-on retard act. Neither does the Hoochy-Cooch need a retard - the squealing might distract from Meredith and her feather act.

Mr. Merriweather is an affable fellow and during his interview, he mussed his hair, demonstrated his pig-noises which he had dead-to-rights. He also broke the wind on cue. His balloon folding is abysmal, however, especially when compared to Deets, the Happy Clown. He did not bring any samples of his mosaic tiling work.

I recommend that we pass on Mr. Merriweather, but should keep his application on file in case we need a retard act the next time we past through Biloxi.

- Miller Hatsfield, Manager in Charge of Hiring and Senior Roustabout
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review

 May the 7th, 1942

1 comment:

  1. I would like to think of myself as having a good sense of humor but I find nothing funny about this type of show.

    ReplyDelete