Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Doreen Larabie - Fortune Teller/Hoochie Coochie Girl

Date of Application: September 11, 1947
Name: Doreen Marie Larabie
Title of Act: Fortune Teller (Hoochie-Coochie Girl)

Description of Act:
I can read fortunes using the Tarot or Tea Leaves. I can use a crystal ball as well, but have found that the ball is not as reliable as the leaves, which are about half as reliable as the Tarot. I prefer the Tarot. I sew my own costumes, of which I have about six, one of these in tatters and yet to be repaired. I will supply my own Tarot and tea leaves, but if employed will need to have a new crystal ball furnished, if it is required for the position. My costumes range from fancy, high class fortune mistress to gypsy-in-distress. I prefer to call my act "The Mysterious Marie", but this can be negotiated.

Other Talents: I can dance the Hoochy-Cooch.

Notes:
We have an opening for a Hoochie-Coochie dancer and Miss Larabie has proven to be quite flexible. She can practice her fortune telling under the tutelage of The Amazing Gomorrah during the daytime when she is not helping mend other costumes, another auxiliary position for which Miss Larabie has volunteered. She does not have a trailer and since I have a spare space in my coach, she can travel there until other arrangements can be afforded. This is strictly on a temporary basis.

- Miller Hatsfield
Manager in Charge of Hiring and Senior Roustabout
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review
September the 11th, 1947

No comments:

Post a Comment