Total Pageviews

Friday, January 2, 2015

Ernest Vernweiller - Fire Eater

Date of Application: April 9, 1952
Name: Ernest Seiwell Vernweiller
Title of Act: Fire Eater

Description of Act:
I can eat fire in the traditional manner and spit flames as well. I can also walk coals and if you are willing to pay for my wardrobe, you can set me on fire to great effect. I am impervious to flame. I am not injured by fire, nor does fire hurt my flesh. My hair does not burn. I cannot explain this, but my mother says I may have been spawned by the Devil, which would surely explain my resistance to fire. If you would like to advertise me as such, I would have no objection.

Other Talents: I can smoke up to eighteen cigarettes at a time, using my mouth, ears and nose. I would like to make this an even twenty, given practice. I can make the smoke come out of my eyeballs as well.

Notes: A true oddity, I believe Mr. Vernweiller would be a prime addition to our outfit, especially given our current financial maladies. Since our old fire-eater, Thomas burned his esophagus and can no longer speak, I have no hesitation to replacing him with Vernweiller. I personally attempted to burn the fellow by dunking him into boiling French fry oil and hoisting him into the blacksmith coals. I must admit he showed no damage from my abuse, which was robust. I am not certain that billing him as the Spawn of Satan would be a good marketing move, especially in the South, but it would be apt and should certainly be considered.

- Miller Hatsfield
Manager in Charge of Hiring and Senior Roustabout
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review
 April the 9th, 1952

No comments:

Post a Comment