Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Anaru Anahara - Primitive

Date of Application: April 17th, 1941
Name: Anaru Anahara
Title of Act: Primitive

Description of Act:
I am of the Maori. My name means "Andrew the Angel". I dance in a primitive manner, wearing authentic Maori costumes fashioned by my wife Maata. I can swallow fire, tame serpentine and walk coals. I have eaten the human flesh and am a master of its preparation. I also sing the songs of the ancient Maori.

Other talents:I can sharpen knives to a keen edge and throw with accuracy. My wife Maata can dance the hoochy-coochy.


Notes:
While the land of New Zealand is known for being populated by savages, criminals and thieves, I found Mr. Anahara a very straightforward individual. In fact, I found his constant eye contact quite unnerving. We are currently in the market for a quality fire-eater, since the loss of Jorie the Flame to the Ringling outfit. Mr. Anahara may be able to fill the bill and dance the primitive on alternating days. He managed to hunt out a snake from the brush, then toyed with the serpent using a stick and his fingers, then bit its head off and prepared it over a flame of his making, behind the cook tent. We ate the snake, which was delightful, then Mr. Anahara strolled over the coals, showing no ill effects. His wife Maata, while silent, has proven to be flexible and can dance Hoochie and also repair costumes as needed. They have their own caravan and will start a week from Wednesday, after he finishes his current obligation of tracking a ne'er-do-well in Steubenville.

- Miller Hatsfield
Senior Roustabout
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review
 April the 17th, 1941

No comments:

Post a Comment