Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Gretchen Mobley - Mystic

Date of Application: July 17, 1953
Name: Gretchen Anne Mobley
Title of Act: Mystic

Description of Act:
My mind is a window to the beyond and I am prone to the divine intuition. I can see into the future; not just broad strokes, but actual living specifics. I can read fortune, recite past events and divine illness and disease with the use of leaves, tarot and touch. This is no parlor trickery - I am a true mystic. I also have a tidy, appropriately-decorated caravan, a collection of sweet-smelling oils, candles for mood and brightly-colored robes that convey a sense of mystery and intrigue.

Other Talents: I am adept at the Gypsy Massage, am an able seamstress and not adverse to dancing the hootchie-cootch.

Notes: Miss Mobley seemed a very forthright and straightforward with a no-nonsense air about her. By no more than the touching of my arm with her fingertips, she was able to relate a story about my childhood in Thurmond and my Uncle Charles. It was not a pleasant story and I was shaken to have it brought to mind. She also informed me that my ultimate demise would come at the result of a tussle with a feisty pachyderm. This makes me question how much longer I will be able to muster this carnival life and the dangers that come with it. She seems to be a legitimate mystic and although her asking price is steep, her caravan is quite impressive, as is her array of costumery. If we can find a way to incorporate her Gypsy Massage and use her for the hootchie show, we will probably find the investment quite worthwhile.

-Miller Hatsfield
Senior Roustabout and Hiring Manager
The Salty Peters Traveling Carnival, Roadshow and Burlesque Review

No comments:

Post a Comment